When you look into the mirror, what do you see? Do you see the real you or just a mask, a facade that lies to everyone? Everyone including you yourself? there are very few pure souls and then there are the many complex ones. Which category do you belong to? Do you fit into any at all?
There are so many different faces that a single person can have.
The kind of person you are. The emotion that you feel reflects on your face. When you are taken over by a whirlwind of humane emotions, what do you do? When you know the answer but have no energy or the will power to act.
What do you really do?
There are times when everything is going well but most of the time the thing that doesn’t fit in is just you. Depression may be because of tough times and some times you just can’t help it- it just happens. You loose appetite. You don’t know why you are feeling sad, helpless and hopeless. You are just shrouded by this negative veil that makes you look at things the wrong way.
The things which I am trying to implement now since I feel really depressed and my normal life has stopped functioning:
- Listening to music: I am trying to stay from the sad songs. I listen to up beat, strong inspiring songs that help me lift my mood temporarily.
- Doing what you love: I try to read books. Though truthfully, it is just 0.5 % of how much I used to read before. At the very least I am trying to read again.
- Arrange Outings: Plan your calendar. Keep it packed so that you don’t even get the time to ponder over the unnecessary thoughts. Use the weekends. Leave a day to replenish and for your self and the other to go out and have fun with your loved ones and friends. Meet your old friends.
- Do what you want to: There are things that we want to and think of doing. But we always procrastinate it for another fine day. Just do it.Trust me you will feel great if you do something out of the ordinary. I went to a 5K Music Run(by VH1 and Fastrack) this weekend with my room mate and it felt amazing!
- Comedy: Watch or read something funny. Be with people you have fun with. Try to stay away from people who always complain about things and people.
- Let your emotion flow: Don’t hold back. Cry. Scream. Throw a tantrum. And then Laugh. People who look at you weirdly and don’t try to understand don’t deserve to be in your life.
- Talk: You need to talk. Don’t try to hold it in. Talk to the person you feel the most comfortable with. Sometimes talking can help you look at things from a different perspective. If you are not comfortable with that either then I am here. You can always talk to me. We can stand a top a table together and look at things differently.
If you cannot deal with it at all then I would suggest that you take some professional help.It will help you.
Carpe Diem my friend. There is nothing more important than your happiness. It is how you reach there and stay there that matters.
You have people with you
Loneliness…the word it self makes one feel sad and depressed. Today I wake you to a beautiful day and I realize that nobody’s lonely. There is an ocean full of people out there and sometimes when you live alone you may feel more lost. One day you are feeling lost in that huge crowd when suddenly you are hugged from behind and that dark cloud passes away as you turn around and see the bright smiles and excitement and the true happiness on your friend’s face as they look at you. You are never alone. You may be passing through a difficult situation and you find there is nobody there to help or guide or support you. First sit back and think. Did you convey your suffering to anyone? Most of us feel that any person close to must know when we are sad but you should understand that they are not mind readers, they are also humans like us and you need to put your pride or shyness behind and talk to people.
Learn to talk and share 🙂
Some time ago I had some amazing news that I wanted to share with my closest family and friends, but when I called them nobody responded, they didn’t have time to even listen to my news. Some had a job to go to, some babies to take care of and whole lot of other excuses. One of the best days in my life was spent feeling lonely and crying instead of celebrating. Then night falls and I start getting calls from all of them, one by one, and the way they sounded so happy I felt my heart would burst. The one’s I thought had ditched my were the one’s who truly were happy for me. I was even wished by people from unexpected sources.
When you feel lonely just remember your blessings- the best times in your life and always know that there is always some one to look out for you. Don’t expect people to always come over to you. Learn to talk to people on your own accord and even after reading this you feel you don’t have anyone then Hey! go out there and make new friends! There are always people who have the same mindset and maybe are waiting to be found just like you. 🙂