There are times when everything is going well but most of the time the thing that doesn’t fit in is just you. Depression may be because of tough times and some times you just can’t help it- it just happens. You loose appetite. You don’t know why you are feeling sad, helpless and hopeless. You are just shrouded by this negative veil that makes you look at things the wrong way.
The things which I am trying to implement now since I feel really depressed and my normal life has stopped functioning:
- Listening to music: I am trying to stay from the sad songs. I listen to up beat, strong inspiring songs that help me lift my mood temporarily.
- Doing what you love: I try to read books. Though truthfully, it is just 0.5 % of how much I used to read before. At the very least I am trying to read again.
- Arrange Outings: Plan your calendar. Keep it packed so that you don’t even get the time to ponder over the unnecessary thoughts. Use the weekends. Leave a day to replenish and for your self and the other to go out and have fun with your loved ones and friends. Meet your old friends.
- Do what you want to: There are things that we want to and think of doing. But we always procrastinate it for another fine day. Just do it.Trust me you will feel great if you do something out of the ordinary. I went to a 5K Music Run(by VH1 and Fastrack) this weekend with my room mate and it felt amazing!
- Comedy: Watch or read something funny. Be with people you have fun with. Try to stay away from people who always complain about things and people.
- Let your emotion flow: Don’t hold back. Cry. Scream. Throw a tantrum. And then Laugh. People who look at you weirdly and don’t try to understand don’t deserve to be in your life.
- Talk: You need to talk. Don’t try to hold it in. Talk to the person you feel the most comfortable with. Sometimes talking can help you look at things from a different perspective. If you are not comfortable with that either then I am here. You can always talk to me. We can stand a top a table together and look at things differently.
If you cannot deal with it at all then I would suggest that you take some professional help.It will help you.
Carpe Diem my friend. There is nothing more important than your happiness. It is how you reach there and stay there that matters.
A rain that made the rivers flood and gush down the mountains. Mountains that no one could move but stood weak as it broke into two halves bit by bit.It called out its last in anger to the hot molten lava like heart within it. the heart sprayed its sadness and breathed its last breath into the air as the sky turned dark. Just because I cried. And I cried again seeing the sadness of the world. And I will cry again in the hope to take away the world’s misery and anguish. I will cry again. To end. The sadness.
Or do I instead wait for the peace to fall upon me.The Sun to shine bright. To see everything and think everything clearly. To fight back instead of washing away even the good along with the bad?
This is not just about the gay community out there. It is also about that woman who is beaten around by her husband. It is also about that man who is mistreated in the work space. It is about all the wrongs that go about in the world. The wrongs that we all know about but don’t react to.
What do we do? What should we do? Tell me in the comments section. I want to hear your thoughts.
Hey guys! I know I haven’t posted in a long time. I love to share things with you beloved people. I don’t have any inspiration so far,but, I did come by this article online- it is about unlearning 4 things that has been programmed into most of us since childhood. I could totally relate to it. I will think a little more on this article and add my views to it in a while. If you guys have anything to say please don’t hesitate 🙂
The link to it is here. Go ahead. Click the ‘here’ word.
I recently got into a debate with a senior of mine, about mind. It opened my mind to a different perspective. I, for the first time ever, had a glimpse of how people can relate everything to philosophy and religion and come up with different explanations about any and everything- even big bang theory.
In this same debate, I was introduced to the concept of counted breaths. According to my senor, we all come into this life with a certain number of breaths allocated to us. When the breaths are up, we all pass away.
This got me thinking and I decided to share my views with all of you :).
I believe that this concept can be looked at differently. When we get stressed, there is an adrenaline rush that makes our heart pump faster. A constant state of stress leads to short and fast breaths which some people may also refer to as breathlessness. This can cause a lot of damage to our body and mind in the long run. So in a way , counted breaths theory warns us to take slow and long breaths, to relax so that we can lead a longer and healthier life.
You should invest some of your time in meditation because it has amazing returns and long time benefits. One way to do this can be :
- In the first stage you use counting to stay focused on the breath. After the out-breath you count one, then you breathe in and out and count two, and so on up to ten, and then you start again at one.
- In the second stage you subtly shift where you breathe, counting before the in-breath, anticipating the breath that is coming, but still counting from one to ten, and then starting again at one.
- In the third stage you drop the counting and just watch the breath as it comes in and goes out.
- In the final stage the focus of concentration narrows and sharpens, so you pay attention to the subtle sensation on the tip of the nose where the breath first enters and last leaves the body.
I don’t know how true the theory of counted breaths is but I can surely say that long and slow breaths can help us heal 🙂
Meditation steps copied from: https://thebuddhistcentre.com/text/mindfulness-breathing
Your problem is now no longer only yours 🙂
Hey guys! I just realized that I just write about my thoughts. I get a chance to share what is going on in my mind and life. Do you people get the same chance? I haven’t shared my blog with any of my friends. I feel it hampers my freedom. I can go all yappity yap yap if people who are close to me start questioning about my topics. I don’t mean a debate. A healthy debate is always useful and a stepping stone to improving my thinking. What I mean is there are so many things that can be gained by anonymity. Most of us think about what others around us may think about us. We can’t open up to people we know sometimes. So here I am inviting you. I am no God. I can’t solve your problems but sharing always helps us clear our head and a different perspective always helps. I am always here to listen to what you people have to say. If you want you can comment or you can personally email me. I am ready to listen to you guys if you are willing to talk 🙂
Your problem is now my problem. Our problem 🙂
Inspirational Book : The Curves Ahead by Kate J. Squires
Hey people! I am extremely busy right now but I have tried to fit in a quick one here for all those inspired people out there. Keep a diary. Now, some may say that keeping a diary is a tedious task. It may be,especially for those who don’t like to write or have very tight schedule but I am not asking you to write descriptions about your day. If you like you can go on and on about your day, it is your diary after all but if you are no fan of writing then I ask you to write just 5 lines maybe. If 5 lines are a lot then go ahead and write 1 line. You can write about your schedule or something that caught your attention or anything that you wish to write. If you are having a bad time you may not want to keep a tab on all the bad things happening to you.
But all that you see may not be true. Confused? I mean that you may think that everything is bad right now. It may be. But try to think of at least one good thing that happened to you that day.Or maybe happened to someone else and made you smile. It may be something as small as a baby smiling.
Write it down. Think all the good things you can think of and write it down.
It is called as counting your blessing. And if you can’t find something good then write something bad.Something that makes you strong so that one day when you look back you are reminded of how strong you really are because you managed to come out of that situation 🙂
This post is the morning of my blog, a new sub chapter of my life if you may say so. I am going to tell about how taking out 5 minutes now can make your day brighter. A visual aid is a very good way to help clear your mind. Little post-it-pages or any decent scrap of paper is enough for this. Take out a pen or pencil and jot down whatever bright thought you may want to think in the morning. Say, I write down
Today’s a bright and beautiful day 🙂
If you have more than one thought then no worries, write down these thoughts in different scraps of papers. Place (preferably pin it ) these post cards or papers where you can easily see them when you wake up- the wall across your bed , the mirror. If you have more than one you may place them in different places like the refrigerator door, main door , car etc. These are easy reminders and very helpful if you focus on them for a minute and absorb it in to your mind.
Our elders always said “early to sleep and early to rise”. They had a very good reason for this. A good sleep makes you feel less cranky and you work faster. Of course the number of hours you sleep depend on your biological clock. When you sleep or when you wake up is all up to you. But, try to take out half an hour before you start getting ready for the day. This extra half an hour gets a lot of work done, trust me. Many people feel meditation is a sham and waste of time. Though it is very very helpful, if you don’t want to meditate I am not going to force you, but at least try once.
The other thing which you can do instead is to not think about what all work you have to complete. Force yourself to think about good times. Drink milk or tea or water or whatever you drink or don’t in the morning and while you do that look out of your window focus on something-maybe a bird chirping or the cool morning breeze against your skin…anything pleasant and serene that makes you feel tranquil for at least 10 minutes. Then go about and start your day. This is a small exercise and very helpful.
Tell me if this has helped you. But you must really want to do it and believe in it. 🙂 Phew that was a long one